Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Photo Story MCW


\
With only 10 minutes and limited amount of food left, I had to think of a way to spend my 4 tickets quickly and wisely. First stop: samosas. The vegetarian samosas contained potatoes and other vegetables that filled you up with all the fiber that it provided. I bought two because I knew that one wouldn't be able to satisfy me. I had 2 tickets left. Then I spotted right across from the samosas, the milk tea stand. Although the milk teas were usually 4 tickets each, the senior class officers decided to sell the left over tea in little cups for only 2 tickets. With just 4 tickets, I was able to buy a fulfilling meal.


The Multicultural Week assembly is one of the most anticipated assemblies of the year. With tons of great performances, many cultures are represented through this assembly. As I sat in the middle first row of the bleachers, I got the full view of the performances. One performance that really stood out was the girl's Bollywood dance. The clothes they wore were colorful and had many intricate designs, which drew the attention of the audience to their performance. Their dance consisted of many wrist twists, jumps, and complicated steps that coincided with the music. 


A performance put on every year by the seniors: the senior Bhangra. The dance is always started off with the better, more experienced dancers.


Everyone jumps in unison as the music blasts out heavy beats. The energy in the dance can be seen in this photo by the expression of the dancers.


The colorful attire of the performers create a rainbow effect as they all gather together in the middle of the gym towards the end of the performance. Once again, a sense of unity and energy is sensed from the performers.



No comments :

Post a Comment